New Technology File System (NTFS) is the standard file system of Windows NT and its descendants like Windows Server 2003 Windows 2000 and Windows XP. Unlike, other file systems such as FAT and NTFS 5 it doesn’t stores the information of data in file allocation table and also NTFS files which are transferred on a network will be accessed by other operating systems. Some of the advantages of NTFS over FAT are faster access to files, more efficient information storage, better data recovery, integrated file compression, better file security and larger disk partitions. However, in some instances formatting the NTFS partition on Windows 8 becomes compulsory, especially when your NTFS partition is severely infected by harmful malware or virus. Many a times, you might have accidentally deleted your NTFS partition, while changing NTFS file system to some other system, without taking its back up, which in turn results in severe data loss on Windows 8 system.
In any of the situation, you don't have to get worried as one can easily restore NTFS partition on Windows 8 PC by using some reliable third party recovery programs. Among several utilities, NTFS recovery software is the most prominent app that can help you to get back files from NTFS partition on Windows 8 based computer or laptop just within few simple steps.
Scenarios responsible for deletion / loss of NTFS partition on Windows 8 -
- Virus Attack: When your NTFS partition gets infected by external threats such as virus / malware, then it makes the entire partition inaccessible, which in turn makes you lose your vital files saved in it.
- Accidental Deletion: While installing multiple operating systems in the Windows 8 system, you might have unknowingly selected the wrong NTFS partition and continue with the format option. This results in loss of entire information that was saved in the formatted NTFS partition.
- MBR Corruption: Master Boot Record holds all the significant data that is required to access partition on the computer drive, In any circumstance, if this MBR gets corrupted or damaged, then it won't allow you to access any of the data residing in it causing data loss.
- Reformatting Error: Reformatting is a process of changing the format of a particular file system on your hard drive. Sometimes, user may change NFTS file system to FAT file system in order to increase system performance. During such process, if sudden power failure occurs results in severe data loss on Windows 8 systems. In such cases, a user friendly utility called NFTS Recovery that helps you out to recover NTFS partition on Windows 8 system.
Precautionary measures to avoid loss/deletion of files from NTFS system -
- Make sure that no important files are selected, while deleting unwanted files from system
- Regularly backup your important files, to avoid loss of files on your NTFS partition
- Install reliable antivirus on your Windows 8 system to secure files from harmful bug infections
Why to use NTFS recovery tool to Recover NTFS Partition on Windows 8 computer?
NTFS Recovery is a best data restoration application that is developed with powerful built-in algorithm to perform deep scanning of Windows 8 system in order to restore lost files from deleted or lost NTFS partition using its unique file extension. A simple user interface allows a non technical user to download and use this tool for retrieving data from deleted, lost and inaccessible NTFS partition. This versatile tool not only recoverss data from NTFS partition, it can even be used to get back data from different file systems like FAT16, FAT32, ExFAT, NTFS5 partitions etc. The software is compatible to restore data from deleted / formatted / re-formatted NTFS partitions on Windows 8 OS. This app has potential to retrieve all types of files like .doc, image, audio, video, etc. which are deleted or lost from NTFS partition on Windows 8. With the help of this award winning tool, you can not only recover deleted or lost NTFS partition on Windows 8 system, but also on other versions of Windows OS such as Windows 7, Vista, XP, etc. Thus, if you are looking to restore formatted NTFS partition on windows 7, then NTFS partition recovery softwrae proves to be more useful.
This NTFS retrieval tool can also used to retrieve files from other storage devices like memory card, memory sticks, flash drives, iPods, etc. This powerful utility allows you to perform deleted/lost partition recovery from different RAID array systems like RAID 0, RAID1 and RAID 5. For installing this software a normal space is required on your system. It is provided with find tool to identify recovered data and sort them in order depending on their file type, date, file size etc.
Steps to get back files from NTFS partition on Windows 8:
Step 1: Download and install the NTFS Recovery software to restore deleted or lost NTFS partition on Windows 8. After installing, launch the software and click on “Recover Drives” option from main screen.
Figure A: Welcome Window
Step 2: Then, select “Partition Recovery” option from the next screen to recover NTFS partition on Windows 8. Now, software will ask you to select the hard drive from where to recover deleted NTFS partition as shown in Figure B. Choose the partition from where you want to restore and click on "Next" button.
Figure B: Select Partition
Step 3: Software stars scanning the selected partition to recover files. After completion of Windows 8 partition recovery process, list of recovered files will be displayed. You can view those restored files using “Preview” option as shown in Figure C.
Figure C: Preview of Recovered Files